This blog is, first and foremost, about a trucker. It's the story of my daily life as an over the road trucker. I’m a musician (Filthy Few, Diabolic Possession, Nasferatu, & THOR the 80's rock/metal icon). I'm President of the Nebraska Chpt of NYDM (an Int. Metal Music Club). Organizer of Omaha Zombie Walk. And, I'm an Art Car Artist. But we're here for the trucking!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

FIRST! An Introduction to Tuco!

This blog is, first and foremost, about a trucker. It was started with the intentions of relaying the story of my daily life on the road driving around the country as an over the road trucker. If you are easily offended…then turn back now! I’m not the most politically correct person in the world.

About this blogger: My name is Steve Jacobs, but they call me Tuco. Whoever “they”are. I’m a musician. Best known for my bands The Filthy Few, Diabolic Possession, Nasferatu, and……. Thor. Yes, that Thor. The legendary 80’s rock/metal icon from Canada. Known for the songs Let The Blood Run Red, Keep The Dogs Away, and Thunder On The Tundra. He’s been on the Merv Griffon Show. He’s starred in the movies Zombie Nightmare (which was also on Mystery Science Theater 3000), Rock & Roll Nightmare, Murder At The Presidio, and others. He’s won many body building events. He’s known for doing amazing fetes of strength on stage including bending steel bars in his teeth, exploding hot water bottles with his lungs, and tearing phone books in half. Anyway in the summer of 2006 I played bass for him on a couple of US tours. What an adventure that was.

I’m also an Art Car artist. Wikipedia definition: “An art car is a vehicle that has its appearance modified as an act of personal artistic expression.” I’ve created a few Art Cars. The first one I made is a 79 Lincoln Continental that is covered in approximately 45,000 pennies. It is called "Wealth & Hell-Being". It has flames on the front made out of nickels. It has huge fins added to the back and giant bull horns on the roof over the windshield. It has 666 written on the sides with pieces of broken mirrors. The second one is my chopper. It is called "Boneshaker". The gas tank and fenders are covered in pennies (like my Continental). The headlight, tail lights, and turn signals are all skulls. It has a sidecar that is a coffin. The bike also has a suicide shift on it. The suicide shift lever is a human spine. The third Art Car is a 92 Plymouth Sundance that is covered in toys, trinkets, doodads, and what-nots. It has a dinosaur spine that runs the length of the vehicle. It’s called “Triptosaurus.” It has flames that come up from the bottom that are made of reflective vinyl.

I’m President of the Nebraska Chapter (NEDM) of the NYDM (New York Death Militia), an international heavy metal music club. We hold many concerts, release the Nebraska Metal Scene Magazine, and hold charity events including the annual Omaha Zombie Walk! We also helped out one of my bestest friends, Eric Hahn, my fellow band mate in the Filthy Few, with his Guinness World Record breaking World’s Tallest Mohawk event! Yes, my band mate has THE TALLEST MOHAWK IN THE WORLD!

But we’re here for the trucking aren’t we!

2 comments:

  1. nice little bloging place yah got here

    ReplyDelete
  2. So my mom wants to know if you've done your taxes so just call us and talk to her.

    ReplyDelete